Can Someone Please Help Me Reformat My Cpu Its A Window Xp I Cant Afford To Pay Someone So Need Help Really Bad I Want To Clean It Out And Start All Over Like Brand New Plz And Ty

gicole_143 commented: fasdfsdf +0
abejay commented: show me how? +0

Recommended Answers

All 29 Replies

THANX ILL TRY IT OUT TY SO MUCH

If you don't allready have Service Pack 2 you should download it or get a copy first ,to install before you go on the net after the reinstall because you will get nastie viruses before you get a chance to get to windows updates .

Can someone help me understand how to reformat my computer?

reformating my computer using windows 98 2nd edition? Anyone can help?

Easy enough:

1. Reboot into MS-DOS mode.
  2. Type the following:
    format C: /s

There's no going back from that - make sure you back up everything you want first.

3. Put your Windows CD in, reboot and follow the installation wizard.

How can I reformat drives c and d at the same time? I need the formula. Any help would be appreciated. tnx. I'm new to this site by the way.

Can Someone Please Help Me Reformat My Cpu Its A Window Xp I Cant Afford To Pay Someone So Need Help Really Bad I Want To Clean It Out And Start All Over Like Brand New Plz And Ty

this link in post #2 will explain it as good as any,if you can't follow that you will need to pay someone !!

Ok look I get all the other stuff but my computer never came with a windows xp CD it was already installed when I got it. So someone for gods sake tell me how to do this without the CD.

For any issues realted with windows vista please go to <snip>

I typed that code thing into the DOS screen but nothing happened. I've reformatted my computer before but a while ago and recently it just became infested with all sorts of spyware and viruses my fault. But how else can I reformat my computer?

here is my question to this ongoing saga. if u dont have a win xp cd when u format you hdd what are u going to put on it? u cannot format a hdd unless u put some type of media in aither the cd drive or the floppy. do u have any other windows cd?

how can i know what drivers to install in my pc?ireally dont know... i have formated my computer... but i dont know what driver is in my computer....

Before you decide to format, you should always have the CD that came with your pc handy.
If you do not have the CD, you will need to know exactly which motherboard you have and go to that manufacturers site and download the drivers.

Normally when buying a new computer like Dell, Compaq, Acer etc. It will definitely come with a Window CD and PC drivers. Unless you buy a clone and they did not give you the CD which you already pay for it. To format a hard disk you definitely need the Window CD. The PC drivers can be downloaded through the web from the respective vendors.

Hi,
You say that you have already formatted you PC. If you could post that and can read this, then you must have access to another PC. Look on your motherboard and find the make and model number. It will be there somewhere just have to look for it. Then search the internet for the drivers for your board, download them and install them on your PC. When they are installed and you have a Virus protection program running with at least windows SP2 installed, you can access the internet, find a free program that will detect what hardware you have other than your motherboard and you can download drivers for that as well.
Note :- Do not access the internet with less than Windows SP2 installed and a virus protection program running,(an anti-malware program would not hurt). If you do, you will have more viruses that you could ever fix and you will need to start from scratch again.

Hi,
You say that you have already formatted you PC. If you could post that and can read this, then you must have access to another PC. Look on your motherboard and find the make and model number. It will be there somewhere just have to look for it. Then search the internet for the drivers for your board, download them and install them on your PC. When they are installed and you have a Virus protection program running with at least windows SP2 installed, you can access the internet, find a free program that will detect what hardware you have other than your motherboard and you can download drivers for that as well.
Note :- Do not access the internet with less than Windows SP2 installed and a virus protection program running,(an anti-malware program would not hurt). If you do, you will have more viruses that you could ever fix and you will need to start from scratch again.

But how do I get driver from internet, after formatting nothing works in the PC .

You have accessed the internet to post here so you can do the same to find drivers. Quote"You say that you have already formatted you PC. If you could post that and can read this, then you must have access to another PC."
Other than that, would you like me to send you a new PC, free, with Windows 7 loaded, so that you don't have to do anything.
If so, please give me your mailing address and US$999.00 for postage.

pls help me to reformat my computer

..there's a problem..when the dialogue "press any key to boot from cd" I press key but it did not work and did not continue to the reformatting process..what's wrong??suggestion please anyone????badly nid it..

I suggest you start your own thread as no-one is going to help you hijack a thread.

can anyone teach me the steps of reformatting my pc
PLEASE........

step by step on how to format a pc

step by step on how to format a pc

hi take a large hammer ,hit computer twice and your own head 3 times

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.