On shutdown I receive a RUNDLL32 error which it gives me the option of ending now. Has anyone seen this. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

On shutdown I receive a RUNDLL32 error which it gives me the option of ending now. Has anyone seen this. Thanks.

There are so many different rundll32 errors .what is you full error !!?
Also you could have alook for it HERE

I also receive the same error. At shutdown, I receive an error box that shows Rundll32.exe in the title and gives me the opportunity to end the program now. I don't know how to get rid of this error. it only happens during shut down. Does anyone know what this is?

Hi Sbrell and welcome to Daniweb, You have hijacked a very old thread (Jan 14th, 2005)
On that last post by caperjack he said "There are so many different rundll32 errors .what is you full error !!?
Also you could have alook for it HERE"

If his old post has not helped you, please start your own thread with a lot more information about your machine, OS and problem.

the link goes nowhere in my old post ,and i don't know were it went way back then, i would google it again like i did way back then ,but that was then this is now, google it yourself .lol

[]

Member Avatar for wheels33

I get this too. It does the 'shutting down rundll32.exe' thing and then goes to a 'run32dll.exe nit responding'. Most concerning though is that I also have a problem with my restore point facility (XP Pro). When I try to access it I get a message 'Sys Restore has been turned off by group policy. To turn it on contact your domain administrator.' (which is me anyway).

Any clues? Thanks in advance.

I get this too. It does the 'shutting down rundll32.exe' thing and then goes to a 'run32dll.exe nit responding'. Most concerning though is that I also have a problem with my restore point facility (XP Pro). When I try to access it I get a message 'Sys Restore has been turned off by group policy. To turn it on contact your domain administrator.' (which is me anyway).

Any clues? Thanks in advance.

sounds like trojan /virus. go to virus forum in link below and read the read me notes and follow there advice on fixing your problem.
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/forum64.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.