I have windows xp home edition on both of my computers, and they do have a remote desktop program, but ive found out that windows xp pro actually has a better version of it that will actually work. I cant get the windows xp home version of it to work. Is there anyone that knows of a free remote desktop program, or if someone would be able to send the windows xp pro version of the remote desktop program.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I have windows xp home edition on both of my computers, and they do have a remote desktop program, but ive found out that windows xp pro actually has a better version of it that will actually work. I cant get the windows xp home version of it to work. Is there anyone that knows of a free remote desktop program, or if someone would be able to send the windows xp pro version of the remote desktop program.

Well, I just built a new computer and have WinXP pro. But when I used to have Windows XP Home, I just set up the remote desktop feature on Netmeeting. You have to create a Windows User that requires a password. Then all you do is call your IP from a remote computer, it will ask for the name and password and thats it.

commented: Good post! +3

Alright, i got netmeeting and set that up, it works good. Thanks alot! :D

Alright, i got netmeeting and set that up, it works good. Thanks alot! :D

No Problem. Glad to help. :)

Additionally, you can simply check out VNC:

www.realvnc.org

I cant get that link to work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.