My IE 8 doesn't work or My internet Options either
can someone help?
I cannot connect to any windows microsoft websites either.
updates so I had to download mozilla firefox and that browser doesnt work that great either, please someone help me. Karen1962

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

My IE 8 doesn't work or My internet Options either
can someone help?
I cannot connect to any windows microsoft websites either.
updates so I had to download mozilla firefox and that browser doesnt work that great either, please someone help me. Karen1962

explain a little better please ,does IE go to any websites ,internet option is for setting up IE so if IE doesen't work then the internet options function will not work either! i assume ,what does firefox do ,does it connect to the internet and allow you to surf the net!

you know how your browser window has at the top
file/edit/view/favorites/tools/help ?
well the IE DOESN'T HAVE ANY OF THAT
IE loads but some of the web address is light and some dark black text
i can only go to the ISP page thats all-NetZero
firefox goes everywhere but the MICROSOFT sites so I cannot download anything from there, and I cannot load any antivirus software or download anything .
Firefox can't find the server at windowsupdate.microsoft.com
thats what is says when I try to update my xp
my laptop has so many different problems I am getting tired of trying to fix it with software that doesn't work like error fix.
Defender Pro 5 in 1.
those programs just don't work

file/edit/view/favorites/tools/help ,for this try right clicking on the empty area where the bar should be of IE and chose the menu bar and any other bar that may be disabled .
Windows updates can only be gotten with IE,or make sure that updates are set to auto update or warn me updates are available but i will choose to download them . do this by right clicking on mycomputer, go properties and chose automatic updates .

mine does the light and dark address thing to ,but that not a problem ,it still works !
just type in web address like www.google.com and any you know and see if IE will go to them

In IE8 you should find the menu bar that has Favorites on it. There is a function called Tools on that menu bar. The drop down menu for Tools has a Toolbars setting on it and within that you can select Menu Bar and your tools will appear at the top.

The light/dark text is normal - Microsoft's innovation!

I don't understand what you mean by all-NetZero. But one problem at a time.

you don't understand what I am saying the IE browser window is missing the file/edit/view/tools/favorites at the top of the browser
i cannot use my internet options at all?
I need to re- download a good copy of IE7 or 8 to fix My copy.
I have alot of corrupted files on my laptop from a trojan, some win32 worms I need to fix My laptop. I need help to fix it
can't you just get into My computer some how and fix it ?
remote assistance ?

for the trojans use malwarebytes .!
follow this info!

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html) to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Download the update from here if you have problems.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

Make sure that you restart the computer.

for it menu bar try this see my screen shot right click next to the second tab where it says sighn in on mine and you will get the dropdown check of the missing tabs if there are checked off and not showing then it is a likely cause of the trojans .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.