What happened to my control panel? When i opened it up, the icons will display but when I click ,for example user accounts, this message will appear [Windows cannot find 'C:WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe'. Make sure you type the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button and then click Search.] What can I do to fix it up? Thank you for those who will reply.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

tried scanning for any virus? try downloading malware bytes...

I scanned my computer using antivirus then after it, when i opened my control panel that popup opened.

Thank you that happened exactly. Can I have other solution because I do not have the xp cd now and my cd drive do not function well.

some time after scan many thing are not fix up. then have to need change some thing or install a fresh windows.

try this ... go to Run then type Regedit press enter.. navigate to this registry keys..
User Key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
Explorer]
System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
Explorer]
Look for Value Name: NoControlPanel, if there is a key like this.. if the value is 1, change it to 0...

or check out this site:http://www.pchell.com/virus/sircam.shtml

just be extra careful in editing registry your system might mess up ;)

Hi..... As per your request through post i would suggest you that there is virus problem in your system 32 so that may not allow you to use your system files and used any updated version of anti virus or may be you have other option to format your C drive so it will more helpful.......Thanks for sharing your post....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.