I have Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 and I've used it for a few months now without any problems. Today i tried to burn a cd and a program error box popped up. It said, "CREAT50.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." and i clicked ok. I restarted my computer and tried to burn the cd again on a new blank disk and this error came up again. What is causing it and how do i fix it? Thanks

-Billy

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

I have Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 and I've used it for a few months now without any problems. Today i tried to burn a cd and a program error box popped up. It said, "CREAT50.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." and i clicked ok. I restarted my computer and tried to burn the cd again on a new blank disk and this error came up again. What is causing it and how do i fix it?

Start by finding the error log and reading its contents. Post them so we can help.

how do i find the log?

Go to the Start menu, then to Settings, then to the Control Panel. Choose Administrative Tools. Click on error log. There should be a listing of all the system crashes and all the application crashes your computer has experienced over the past X amount of time.

I went into Administrative Tools and i dont see error log. The only icons it has are Component Services, Computer Managment, Data Sources(ODBC), Event Viewer, Local Secuirty Policy, Performance, Services, and the last one it Telnet Server Administration. Would the error log be in one of those or is it located somewhere else?

That might be whats causing the problem. I'll run my virus checker and let you know if it clears the problem.

my virus scan found 2 viruses but it did not disinfect it. does anyone know a free website that will disinfect viruses?

i found a program and one of the viruses have been removed. the second viruse it could not remove so it was renamed. i dont think that this virus was part of Roxio so if you can help me find my error log then we can go back and try that. thanks.

Some error logs are stored in the root of C:\ or c:\windows or maybe in the roxio folder in c:\program files\roxio

my virus scan found 2 viruses but it did not disinfect it. does anyone know a free website that will disinfect viruses?

By the way, have you tried Grisoft AVG? It's free for personal use, and quite effective.

i have still yet to find the error log. i have no idea where it is so if anyone else has any ideas where it would be please let me know.

To find all log file on you computer go to start /search,and type in *.log

after i searched for *.log a huge list of notepads came up. what am i looking for?

I don't use Roxio ,so you should look for one with the Roxio name in it maybe ,and i.m also going to reccommend the burning program Nero !Much better than Roxio

Dont know if this will help, but I had similiar errors with Roxio. Problem was I had other burning utilities installed, and apparently ROxio wasnt happy with that...Uninstalled Roxio and I use Strictly Nero for everything now.

peace

i used to have nero, but it would freeze everytime i tried to burn. it happened on my computer and the same problem happened with nero on the other computer in my house. thats why i downloaded roxio, but now its having problems.

You have other isues with you computer ,scandisk and defrag ,get more ram maybe if needed , how is your hard drive and burner setup on the IED chanels ,best is to have hardrive mastered of the primary and burner master of the secondary.

In general, try to only have 1 burning utility installed. They can and do corrupt each other

peace

I have Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 and I've used it for a few months now without any problems. Today i tried to burn a cd and a program error box popped up. It said, "CREAT50.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." and i clicked ok. I restarted my computer and tried to burn the cd again on a new blank disk and this error came up again. What is causing it and how do i fix it? Thanks

-Billy

I have the same problem, I think the writer on my CD drive is bad, but I'm not sure. Did you find out anything?

-Billy

How can I download free cd burning for my computer. :cheesy:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.