I would like to know how to password protect files under my profile with Win XP on another hard drive. Currently can only do it on the C drive where windows is installed.

Thanks,
Derek

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

i have also thought of doing this at work and at home as my computer at home has 4 hard drives, i havent found a way of doing it through windows xp yet, but i will try to search for a third party program, if i have any luck i'll let you know. but try searching yourself, you my have better luck then me
cheers
:cheesy:

Depending on what types of files you are trying to protect you can just zip them and use a password for the zip.

You can even make them executeable with a password if you want.

If you have an ntfs partition then you can easily change its permissions to your favour.

didn't think of that i have NTFS set up whats the procedure?

Just Right click the folder you want to protect from other users ... go to properties and then security tab --> here you'll have a list of users and their capabilities (whether they can read , write or they have full read/write permissions) ..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.