I moved and when I plugged my PC up, the fans run, but nothing will start (black screen). I have checked to make sure nothing came unplugged inside and everything appears to be fine and the fans run, but nothing else.
Can you tell me what to do, please? I don't have a boot disk or anything.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hi,
Is there any beeps? what lights are flashing? Have you removed your RAM and cleaned it? Is it dust free inside? do you get "No signal" on monitor or just black with an orange light?

Thank you so much for your suggestions.
No there are no beeps or anything, only a black screen as if the computer isn't on, other than the fans running. I have cleaned it out, so it is dust/lint free.
I downloaded from the link you provided, I am hoping I got the ultimate boot disc, but not sure at this point, the page was confusing to the illiterate computer tech, lol
Thanks again. I will try inserting the disc and booting the computer to see if I get anything then.
I will let you know the outcome.

Hi,
As your monitor is black and not "No signal" there is an active connection to your PC. The problem could be as I suggested earlier, your RAM, did you remove it , clean it and replace it??

Thanks, yes I did remove the memory card, cleaned it and replaced it. I can't get the on/off button to work either. It automatically starts up or at least the fans start running the minute I plug in the power cord.
I have checked it to make sure all connections are good and everything seems to be fine there.

I moved and when I plugged my PC up, the fans run, but nothing will start (black screen). I have checked to make sure nothing came unplugged inside and everything appears to be fine and the fans run, but nothing else.
Can you tell me what to do, please? I don't have a boot disk or anything.

I had a similar problem, I think, well, KNOW that you have a broken motherboad.

Hi,
It sounds like your start button on the box could be jammed in the on position, it could pay to check that. It could be your power supply, but that should not cause it to run automatically. I tend to agree with the poster above, you mobo is no good.
Try, unplug everything off your mobo that you don't need to start to the first flash screen. Your video card, hard drive, DVD/CD drive and plug it in again and see if there is any action to the monitor.
Is there any indicator light on you monitor?
Does the monitor plug directly into the mains power or is it in to the power supply of your box?

So are you saying for me to unplug those items you listed?
I can't get the CD/DVD to open either when it sounds like it's running (or the fans are running). I can't get them to open.

Yes, unplug everything from the motherboard and power supply that you don't need to get to the first flash screen. If you have a video card, remove it and plug your cable into the motherboard video socket. disconnect the CD/DVD's. If you have one disconnect the floppy. and disconnect your hard drive, I know you will not be able to load anything but you will see if you can boot to where it says "can not find hard drive" or whatever it says. then you will know you have a problem with one of the components you have unplugged. You can then start to reconnect them one by one to find the faulty part. If it will not work, it will be your power supply, your CPU, your RAM or you motherboard that has the problem and we can start to look there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.