HELP PLEASE!!

I got 2 partitions C and D. C: is my main drive. Both have OS installed.

A week ago, C: is not starting up. Since then, I'm using D:. When I was trying to retrieve a file stored in C:, a message appeared saying C is not formatted and asked if I want to format it now. I also tried to explore Drive C but same message appears after hanging for some seconds.

HELP, I think my C: got damaged. Is there any way I can RETRIEVE files from that drive? I got tons of important files saved there. My friend suggests Partition Magic. I just don't know if it would work.

Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

What OS is installed on C and on D ?

@sparkax
Both have Windows XP as their OS.

@Adamsappleone
I tried Recuva. It displays files I'm not familiar with. Maybe these files are just leftover from damaged drive. I don't know. It does not display my documents, media and other files.
I really need help. Feels like I lost a quarter of my life.

Hi,
Try all that has been offered but if you have no success, install a new drive and put you old drive in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours. Then install it as a slave drive and try to copy the info off it then. This works most times but the drive will fail again as soon as it gets warm.

Do you have the XP installation disk ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.