Hi Experts

I have got a client who has a Canon IR3300 network printer shared on a server 2003 (AD environment)

I shared the printer (it has a static ip address 192.168.0.126)

There are 7 client (means 7 workstations windows XP SP3 ) , all of them can print (yes they can print without any problem) without any problem.

All of the sudden next day when they try to print a message pops up (I can not recall an exact phrase for the message) that printer cannot print check printer driver or connectivity or a printer is powder on ,,,,I forgot what the exact word of the error message

What I use to do, if I ask the user to log off and log on again or restart a PC he/she can print …….I do not why !!!!!

I disabled a firewall on all PCs (although firewall has configured for File and Printer Sharing Exception).

When the printer does not print still I can ping the printer and display web page of the printer by from all workstations http://192.168.0.126

Services > Printer Spooler is running automatically

When a domain user can not print and if I check the printer properties ( right click )

Printer properties cannot be displayed. The print spooler service is not running

But if a user domain can printer then there is no such an error message as above

What type of troubleshot should I carry out to solve this issue ?

I have been in this situation for 2 weeks and it is really embarrassing every day I receive a call the printer is not working.

Thanks

I forgot what the exact word of the error message

I have just check one of the workstation to test the printer again and I received this error

http://img198.imageshack.us/i/errormessageq.jpg/

Please be aware that a domain user can not run this :

1. Click on Start button
2. Choose Run
3. type in “Services.msc” without the quote marks
4. Enter
5. Scroll to Print Spooler – should show if spooler is running
6. Select
7. On left side, click start or restart

Hello ,

I suggest to you 2 ways.
1. If u used hub, check it up. Some time the hub will be problem.
2. check network cable for printer . Change other net cable.
**** some time u should reinstall the driver. This may take problem.****

Hi Experts

I have got a client who has a Canon IR3300 network printer shared on a server 2003 (AD environment)

I shared the printer (it has a static ip address 192.168.0.126)

There are 7 client (means 7 workstations windows XP SP3 ) , all of them can print (yes they can print without any problem) without any problem.

All of the sudden next day when they try to print a message pops up (I can not recall an exact phrase for the message) that printer cannot print check printer driver or connectivity or a printer is powder on ,,,,I forgot what the exact word of the error message

What I use to do, if I ask the user to log off and log on again or restart a PC he/she can print …….I do not why !!!!!

I disabled a firewall on all PCs (although firewall has configured for File and Printer Sharing Exception).

When the printer does not print still I can ping the printer and display web page of the printer by from all workstations http://192.168.0.126

When a domain user can not print and if I check the printer properties ( right click )

Printer properties cannot be displayed. The print spooler service is not running

But if a user domain can printer then there is no such an error message as above

What type of troubleshot should I carry out to solve this issue ?

I have been in this situation for 2 weeks and it is really embarrassing every day I receive a call the printer is not working.

Thanks

1. If u used hub, check it up. Some time the hub will be problem.

There is a switch and to this switch two PCs and the printer are connected to it,,,,don't u think if the problem with a switch I should have a problem with two PCs as well not only the printer ?

Might be a port on a switch ,,,,I will try to change that port to different one.

I will change the network cable for a printer as well and see how it goes.

Thanks for those suggestions

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.