HELP ME, I accidently ended explorer.exe (my shell) in Task Manager. I went to New Task>explorer.exe>run and it only opened windows explorer but did not open my shell.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

HELP ME, I accidently ended explorer.exe (my shell) in Task Manager. I went to New Task>explorer.exe>run and it only opened windows explorer but did not open my shell.

reboot computer

Nope, tried that, and I also tried manualy opening explorer.exe but for some reason my laptop (Dell) has a WINDOWS folder instead of System 32 when I bought it (BestBuy).

well you must have done more that just stop it in task manager .
system32 folder is in the windows folder !
do this i think you allready did it but try once more .

ALT+CTRL+DEL, start task manger/go new task/ type in EXPLORER.EXE/ hit enter

Nope, tried that, and I also tried manualy opening explorer.exe but for some reason my laptop (Dell) has a WINDOWS folder instead of System 32 when I bought it (BestBuy).

Hi,
When you open your Windows folder you will find a System 32 folder.

Hi if you are still having problems with explorer.exe, have a look at this post. Might help.

Hi
dear you have to reinstall your explorer.exe from repair windows option.

Thanks
regards

or copy the explorer.exe from a friend who is using the same OS.

There might be a possibility that your explorer.exe might have been corrupt or that a virus must have come in while you were downloading something.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.