please can anyone help, i have a fairly old ex school use PC that needs a password to use. How can I remove the need for a password. The motherboard is an AOPEN 6bc, I know that jumpers are used but which and how ? many thanks - kevin machell

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Are we talking about a CMOS password or an operating system password?

operating system password please

what Operating System? Old school would seem old, windows 95 old?

If it's an older PC then it's probably Windows 95 or 98. In that case, you really don't need the password. When the dialog pops up asking for it, just hit cancel and it should let you in.

pc is about 4 years old, windows system is windows 2000, it asks for user name and password during booting.

Okay, Windows 2000 isn't as easy to get into as 95 or 98. You'll probably have to break the admin password and change it to suit your needs. Start here.

thanks forthe help dogtree. i have created a floppy as directed but now i have to upload the encrypted password onto the server for decryption - but i`ve no idea what this means or how to do it. can you help further? :sad:

Kevin,

Go get the "Ultimate Boot CD"

Its a Linux based disc that will allow you to reset any password on the system.

Google for that Disc.

Format the hard drive, and then reinstall the operating system. Of course, you will need some kind of operating system running from the A or D drive to do this.

Do not format... no need...

Just boot with UBCD and you will be fine... trust me.. reinstalling is big waste.

pc is about 4 years old, windows system is windows 2000, it asks for user name and password during booting.

My computer was given to me the lady that gave it to me don't know the password either.Please help me to remove the old password

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.