First, it takes forever to start up now... second I use outlook express and whenever I go to the first folder inside it, it works fun but takes a while, when I click on another folder (for example, going from INBOX to Deleted Items) it would freeze up on me and give me an error message.
"Program Error
msimn.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.
An error log is being created."
then I click on the Cancel button (the only option) and it shuts down my Outlook Express.
Another problem is whenever I start my computer, AIM starts by itself, then when I go to minimize it or close it so it's not open on my desktop, my computer just reboots by itself...
I'm running on Windows 2000 Pro, AMD Athelon 1.X, 768mb DDR Ram.....
Help me out PLEASE!

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

"Program Error
msimn.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created."

What does the error log say?

What does the error log say?

sorry but i'm not that advanced...how do i check that?

you could do a reinstall you would lose any installed programs but if you put your needed data into folders outside of the c:\windows folder you should be able to keep most of it if it comes down to it >.<

you could do a reinstall you would lose any installed programs but if you put your needed data into folders outside of the c:\windows folder you should be able to keep most of it if it comes down to it >.<

that sounds good...so any personal files/programs under c:/windows/ i just move it to my 2nd hard drive let's say d:/ and it'll work? now how would i go about uninstalling it...before i do that...anyone else have any ideas?

First, it takes forever to start up now... second I use outlook express and whenever I go to the first folder inside it, it works fun but takes a while, when I click on another folder (for example, going from INBOX to Deleted Items) it would freeze up on me and give me an error message.
"Program Error
msimn.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.
An error log is being created."
then I click on the Cancel button (the only option) and it shuts down my Outlook Express.
Another problem is whenever I start my computer, AIM starts by itself, then when I go to minimize it or close it so it's not open on my desktop, my computer just reboots by itself...
I'm running on Windows 2000 Pro, AMD Athelon 1.X, 768mb DDR Ram.....
Help me out PLEASE!

1 2 3 . . .upgrade your system to windows 7 eternity or basic,no problems there.

take out your hardrive and put it back again.

There are a number of clean up programs and using one like asc (advanced system care) will help to remove some junk!
I also dislike outlook express. It was when I last used it a bit flakey and have long since l moved to both thunderbird and other email clients.
Also and I suspect this is at the root of your problem, windows 2000 was built for the commercial business market and lacked a lot of oomph like drivers for the leisure and non commercial / business markets and as a result often hangs when trying to run modern software. Sorry but the alternative is either move up to XP or much better win 7 or move out to linux!
M

You guys do know this is a seven year old thread, right? :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.