Hi and thanks to everyone on Daniweb, you rock!!
I downloaded Panda Titanium antivirus trial version from the internet and i want to uninstall it from my PC. It won't uninstall from the control panel: add and remove programs list, nothing happens at all when i press remove.
Nor will it uninstall from the start menu programs list from the uninstall program icon.
Plus there is a red X over the uninstall icon on the start menu which I'm not sure is supposed to be like that.
It just seems like the uninstall function is not working properly.
I previously had problems with the antivirus loading and there was a dialogue box that said : if this problem persists please uninstall and reinstall on the system.
Which I did, there was no problem uninstalling the product at this time.
Please give me your advice I want to remove it as soon as possible.
THANXXXXXX

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

From Panda:

Dear Customer

In order to uninstall the Panda Antivirus Titanium program manually proceed as follows, deleting the entries in the Registry and files detailed below. However, if at any time the entries or files cannot be found, continue with the uninstallation process, as depending on the version installed the files or entries may or may not exist.

Follow the steps below:

First attempt to remove Panda from Control Panel, Add remove programs. Once this is done, make sure that there are no Panda Services running in the Services section in Control panel. Ensure they are stopped and set to disabled.

Open the Registry from Start, Run, write REGEDIT, and click on OK. Highlight 'My Computer' at the top of the list, then go to 'Edit' and 'Find'. Type 'panda' into the box and then click on 'Find Next'. This will search the Registry for panda files. When it brings up a folder or file, press 'delete' or right-click on the highlighted file/folder and select 'delete' from the menu to remove it. Then press 'F3' to search again and find the next Panda entry.

Continue to search and delete Panda entries in the Registry until no more entries are found. Then repeat this process, this time searching for 'pav'. When both searches are complete, close the Registry and restart the computer.

Once this operation has been carried out, using Windows Explorer delete the Panda Software folder that is below C:\Program files. You should also delete the following files Windows \system: PAV.SIG, APVXD.VXD, APVXDUT.VXD, PANDA.CHP.

By carrying out these operations, Panda Antivirus Titanium will be uninstalled.

Regards
Technical Support

Panda Software

I suggest that you backup your registry before making any changes to it. If you need help with any of Panda's instructions, feel free to ask us.

thanks I'll try i, but i'm not sure how to back up my registry could you please tell me?

Go to Start, Run, and type in regedit; click OK and the Registry Editor will open.

At the top of the Registry window, click on File, and then click Export... An Export Registry File window will open; choose a location to save the backup to (like My Documents), and give it a name (like Panda Removal), and then click the Save button.

You now have a backup of your registry in case anything goes wrong :)

Thanks I will let you know if there's anything else otherwise thankyou very much for your time !!!

Hi there,
I am trying to remove panda trial version from my PC,
In the instructions you gave me it said :

First attempt to remove Panda from Control Panel, Add remove programs. Once this is done, make sure that there are no Panda Services running in the Services section in Control panel. Ensure they are stopped and set to disabled.

Ok I have tried to remove from the control panel and this isn't happening and I can not locate the services section in my control panel to make sure that there are no Panda services running, so I don't know how to ensure they are stopped and set to disabled.

Anyway I went ahead and followed the rest of the instructions and rebooted the PC but everything was the same, Panda was running and nothing had changed despite the fact that I deleted loads of entries from the rgistry, there was maybe one entry under both panda and pav that I couldn't delete and a dialogue box came up saying somthing like unable to delete file.
So I'm guessing this is b/c I missed the first step.
After this I was worried that maybe I had done something weird so i did a system restore just to be sure, I even restored it to the last time I reinstalled Panda trial versionm to see if this may solve the problem but when I tried to uninstall it it said :Error extracting support files the system cannot find the file specified. before nothing was happening at all.
Please help :rolleyes:
Thanks alot for your time and assistance, :)

Please be aware that I am running a trial version of Panda Titanium 2005, as I already mentioned. I had installed it once but was having problems with it booting and was prompted to uninstall and reinstall the product which I did, since then I have not been able to remove it from my system. ( I thought this might be important to know, that it is a trial version)

OK I found the services section and I stopped all Panda Services from running except there was on Panda Service which was unstoppable, when I right clicked on it the stop button was unavailable this service was called :
PANDA PROCESS PROTECTION SERVICE
Anyway I stopped all the other processes and then spent almost half an hour deleting the registry but toward the end all the entries which were coming up were un deletable and a dialogue box opened saying :
ANABLE TO DELETE ALL SPECIFIED SERVICES.
So I deleted whatever i could, and it was alot, rebooted but Panda was running as if nothing had been changed so i am at a bit of a loss about what to do now.
Please let me know your idea, thanks again for your time and help XXX

SOLVED,
In my desperation I reinstalled the trial version and it seemd to overwrite the old version then I was unable to uninstall it from my PC :p
Thanks for helping out
Have a good one XXX

you will have to restore the computer to date you installed the software,
if you have any more problem stick them on the web page and i will have a look in to it for you, good luck hope that all gose well! thomas1

Congratulations Danielle, seems you've helped yourself :)

Congratulations Danielle, seems you've helped yourself :)

I found a great way to uninstall Panda, you will not have to go into your registry and mess with that, it will do alot of harm if you delete the wrong thing. you can E-mail me at [address removed by mod] and i will send you the atatchment. very very easy. I went through alot of trouble uninstalling Panda before i found this. Just thought i would help others :)

hi
i too want too uninstall my panda titanium 2004 from my computer.
i have followed your instructions, now my new anti virus software is telling me that it will not install untill i have removed panda demo...
can anyone help as i can not find it on my computer

thanks in advance

nico2008

From Panda:

In order to uninstall the Panda Antivirus Titanium program manually proceed as follows, deleting the entries in the Registry and files detailed below.

I just cant believe, panda suggest their users (most of them dont even know how to buck-up their registry) to mess w/ Registry. WTF

hi
i too want too uninstall my panda titanium 2004 from my computer.
i have followed your instructions, now my new anti virus software is telling me that it will not install untill i have removed panda demo...
can anyone help as i can not find it on my computer

thanks in advance

nico2008

Check this out http://www.pandasoftware.com/com/Support/card?NRNODEGUID={81911EB1-FDBC-45A1-998B-1B92386E7D13}&NRCACHEHINT=Guest&IdIdioma=2&id=21203&ref=SopMonPlan

I just cant believe, panda suggest their users (most of them dont even know how to buck-up their registry) to mess w/ Registry. WTF

Check this out http://www.pandasoftware.com/com/Support/card?NRNODEGUID={81911EB1-FDBC-45A1-998B-1B92386E7D13}&NRCACHEHINT=Guest&IdIdioma=2&id=21203&ref=SopMonPlan

thanks a lot panda titanium 2004 is now deleted from my system

once again thank you

congratulations

I have a better idea .
Just run the panda antivirus setup again and it will automatically uninstall it without any problem .

This way you will not have to go to edit registry option .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.