I want to be able to go around my house and play on my high quality desktop pc using my old laptop. I want to see the same on my laptop screen as I see on my desktop screen and be able to control the mouse and keyboard. I have heard about the remote desktop connection thing but dont know how to make it work :?: . My laptop is connected to my PC wirelessly (connected by the fast internet cable thing, its blue).

I would really appreciate it if you could explain to me step by step how to do it!!!

Thanks in advance :mrgreen: ,
Zac

My email address is zacaltman@gmail.com

I want to be able to go around my house and play on my high quality desktop pc using my old laptop. I want to see the same on my laptop screen as I see on my desktop screen and be able to control the mouse and keyboard. I have heard about the remote desktop connection thing but dont know how to make it work :?: . My laptop is connected to my PC wirelessly (connected by the fast internet cable thing, its blue).

I would really appreciate it if you could explain to me step by step how to do it!!!

Thanks in advance :mrgreen: ,
Zac

My email address is zacaltman@gmail.com

you need to enable remote desktop assistance on the computer you want to connect to and then using your lap top connect remotely to your PC using your log on username password for the PC...the only problem is that you wont be able to play your high quality PC from your laptop like you think.

One: Its Limited to the speed of the network connection in the house and any current traffic on the line (if someones downloading something big...might as well screw it)
Two: Unless your laptop has a highquality vid card you wont be able to play anything highquality video wise.

From my experience with RDC (remote desktop connection) and other various remote programs, they are choppy and only worth it if you plan on running a server, because then it doesnt matter how choppy it is because all you need to do is manage some services.

(i know all this becuase i tried it once, and i have also used it to run servers)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.