Ok, internet connections have a possible tweak to make them faster, or program to make them faster. Is there anything to tweak a graphics card? and if there is, where can I get it?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Ok, internet connections have a possible tweak to make them faster, or program to make them faster. Is there anything to tweak a graphics card? and if there is, where can I get it?

I could say, "If you have to ask the question, you shouldn't be told the answer.":p Tweaking your video card can have serious consequences, including a damaged monitor (rare) or a destroyed video card (possible).

That having been said, you must know the brand and model of the video chip used in your card. If it is not nVidia, ATI or, possibly, Xabre -- forget it. You should be able to find this information from the Hardware Devices list, under Display Adapters.

Once armed with that information, check the fan-sites for that particular video chip. These can be found using a Google search phrase like nVidia overclocking or ATI overclocking. Learn about what you want to do, then go to the files section at the Guru of 3D to find the updated drivers and utilities that you will need.

If you have the knowledge and really want to tweak things further, you can customize the display using PowerStrip and its related resolution-changer, MultiRes.

if its an ATI Asus Doctor does the trick

If you have an ATi Radeon card and want to overclock, http://atitool.ocfaq.com/ is where you need to go.

Otherwise, google for Rivatuner or Powerstrip for other options.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.