i have a computer with window xp as the operating system but one day i decided to install window vista but unfortunately i must say some hardware was not compactible with the os, so i tried reinstalling window xp but to no avail. i even went on to use window 98se but to no avail still. all effort to reinstall the window xp prove abortive and till now i don't know what to do and i am really confused.please i need help to bring my computer back to life.

Welcome To DaniWeb, To install an earlier version OS you will need to do a complete format of the drive that means a clean install of XP with no system files from vista left on the drive. After cleaning drive set boot order to cd drive first. insert XP Disc start install& when asked for previous OS Disc use Win 98 Disc follow instructions on screen from there. Good Luck. Later---

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.