I have a Toshiba Satellite M45-S169. The computer will not pick up any wireless connection, even though the wireless light on the front of the laptop is turned on. It will also not work when plugged directly into the modem. Under network connections, it does not find any wireless networks available. I'm using the original Windows XP Professional with no service packs. I downloaded the Altheros(sp?) wireless driver off of the toshiba website and installed it, but to no avail. When I goto the Device Manager, under "Other Devices" and all of the subcategories, there is a large yellow question mark next to each. This includes Ethernet Controller, Multimedia Audio Controller, PCI Modem, SM Bus Controller, USB Controller, and Video Controller.

Any ideas here?

Alright, I installed all of the drivers available on the toshiba website. Still no internet, wireless or directly connected to modem.

Two drivers remain with the big yellow question mark:

-Ethernet Controller
-USB Controller

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.