my keyboard & mouse will not work at all so I cannot load windows xp....it's a Dell Dimension E530 with USB keyboard & mouse controls....was working on cleaning up files to save memory and registry clean and then turned off comp
next log in the dell screen appears, and goes directly into loading windows xp but only gets to the log in screen , keyboard and mouse are both dead so nothing can be done....keyboard and mouse don't work at all at any stage of start up!...fortunately I have an old computer which I am using to get online to find help to fix my computer....can't afford repair shop bill!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

my keyboard & mouse will not work at all so I cannot load windows xp....it's a Dell Dimension E530 with USB keyboard & mouse controls....was working on cleaning up files to save memory and registry clean and then turned off comp
next log in the dell screen appears, and goes directly into loading windows xp but only gets to the log in screen , keyboard and mouse are both dead so nothing can be done....keyboard and mouse don't work at all at any stage of start up!...fortunately I have an old computer which I am using to get online to find help to fix my computer....can't afford repair shop bill!

Mr. marms if I'm not mistaken, maybe you've deleted a registry that enables your Mouse and Keyboard to work. Are you familiar with Hiren's Boot CD?

no...don't know what you are referring to

I was compressing files to save memory space and then I did a registry clean up with RegCure...then I shut down the computer because we had a bad electrical storm going by so I thought that would be a good idea....when I started my computer the next day...it only opened the Dell screen then the windows loaded but only up to the screen where you log in as which user you want....at that point I realized that the keyboard and mouse where not working...so you can't do anything...!

please explain just how I can use this boot cd when I get a copy of it...I will have to save it to a cd or can I use and memory stick?

also I need an explanation of just what files of the hiren's boot cd to burn to a dvd or cd....I guess the memory stick isn't the idea

and yes....unplugging everything was the first thing I did when the problem started

the problem was solved by another online help site ....the re-setting of the CMOS by removing the CLRPSWD and placing it into the CLRCMOS pin for a few seconds...then putting it back in it's original place....had a few gliches with the kb & mouse for a bit but now everything is up and running...did some major clean up using various programs such as ccleaner ....my problem is solved....thanks for your imput though!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.