I receive a .xls file daily into my inbox. all other pcs can open it, but I can't. all other excel(xls or xlsx) files do open, but this one specifically doesn't.
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2007.

does anyone have an idea about this problem ?

thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

What is the error message, does the spreadsheet open on any other computers

the error message says something about security as far as I remember. It was on a remote PC, and I'd like to know the solution.
and yes, it works on other PCs. I scanned the PC using many tools, no infections or maleware or problems were found. I even used the Microsoft Office Diagnostics to fin errors, but nothing helped.

I appreciate your help mate.

The excel sheet must have a macro you need to lower the security in excel to allow macros.

1. In Excel Click the Tools menu, click Options.
2. Click the Security tab.
3. Under Macro Security, click Macro Security.
4. Click the Security Level tab, and then select the security level you want to use.

Okay I tried to change the settings of Excel but it didn't work either.
Here is the error message I am getting:

"Cannot create file: file.xls. Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then properties on the shortcut menu to check you permissions for the folder."

It comes out whenever I double click my attachment in my email, or try to save it. If I try to copy it from inbox to desktop, I can't find the file and no message occurs, but the operation is not done. Weird !

Problem solved. All I had to do is to clear the Outlook temp files.

Thx for your help guys.

Regards,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.