I want to PRINT the formatting marks (space, paragraph, soft return). I can view on the marks in my document on screen, but they do not print.

I have been to TOOLS, OPTIONS, and VIEW tab, selected ALL under formatting marks this enable viewing. But when I go to PRINT tab, I've tried everything under Include With Document (and it prints me a report page).

I've seen the marks printed from other sources. There must be a way to print the marks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I wish I could tell how to do it but it simply is not possible on MS Word. See this article in PC Mag. Basically you will have to type in the characters that represent the formatting marks as text so they will print. You can use CHARMAP to discover figure out the character codes and paste them in. Good luck!

I wish I could tell how to do it but it simply is not possible on MS Word. See this article in PC Mag. Basically you will have to type in the characters that represent the formatting marks as text so they will print. You can use CHARMAP to discover figure out the character codes and paste them in. Good luck!

I read the article you attached. It looks like there is no way to print the formatting marks like I thought. Thank you for your reply!

you are welcome. please go ahead and mark it "solved"

you are welcome. please go ahead and mark it "solved"

marked as solved!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.