hi
I have not been able to download MP3's. Whenever i click on a link that says "download song", instead of a dialog box opening asking me what i wud like to do with the file i.e Open, save or cancel, it directly launches windows media player and the song begins to stream. Even a right click and 'save target as' does not work...it pops up a dialog box that saves an html document instead of a media file.

how do i save the songs instead of streaming them?

I use Windows XP professional and Windows media player 10.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

My way is to let the song stream ... and "save as" the file when its done.

Could you let us know which site are you downloading from ?
Possible the site admin has provided a different way of saving the MP3 file and instructions might be there mentioned on teh site.

hi
I have not been able to download MP3's. Whenever i click on a link that says "download song", instead of a dialog box opening asking me what i wud like to do with the file i.e Open, save or cancel, it directly launches windows media player and the song begins to stream. Even a right click and 'save target as' does not work...it pops up a dialog box that saves an html document instead of a media file.

how do i save the songs instead of streaming them?

I use Windows XP professional and Windows media player 10.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.