I have a Microsoft Wireless Mouse and Keyboard set, it's a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0. Both the mouse and keyboard had worked fine until last night when the mouse suddenly just stopped working, and I restarted the PC and the mouse just sits in the middle of the screen and doesn't move no matter what I do..

I've spent the last few hours doing everything I could think of to make the mouse work, I even got on another computer and searched for answers on the internet, but I couldn't find anything.

I've tried 3 different mice (all of them plug into USB ports, I don't think I even have a wired mouse anymore, so I don't know if that would work), I plugged every mouse into every USB port on my computer, and still none of them work... I don't think the USB ports are the problem because they can still charge/sync my Ipod, but I have no idea.

Also when I looked online I found someone who had a problem similar to mine and he fixed his mouse by deleting it from the Device Manager and letting his computer find the mouse all over again, so I thought I would try that, but when I looked at my Device Manager, there wasn't even a mouse folder...

I've tried everything I can think of, but I'm not very experienced with these kinds of problems...

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this problem it would be greatly appreciated

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Check if the mouse is plugged in

please dont take this the wrong way... but did you check the batteries??

If your Mouse is not showing in Device manager you can select view then select "Show Hidden Devices". This will show the mouse. I had a similar problem and this alloud me to view the installed drivers. I personally baught a PCI card with USB ports to finally get my mouse working. With the mouse connected through the PCI card it now shows in the Device Manager without having to show hidden devices. I guess by default it only shows active hardware. Good luck.

Make sure your mouse is plugged in. Also, make sure your mouse is working properly. If you want to make sure your mouse is working properly. My mouse can also be checked on this website. Macrotester

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.