I dug out one of my parent's old computers to fix up for my son but none of the passwords that the family or I could remember works and I can't get in because the administrator password is missing. I do not have a re-boot disk anymore. Is there another way to get in? I don't care if I have to lose data because I was gonna clear it out for him anyway. Anyone have any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I dug out one of my parent's old computers to fix up for my son but none of the passwords that the family or I could remember works and I can't get in because the administrator password is missing. I do not have a re-boot disk anymore. Is there another way to get in? I don't care if I have to lose data because I was gonna clear it out for him anyway. Anyone have any suggestions?

hi we can offer help with passwords ,because we don't know if you really own the computer ,but if you goggled the subject you might find a site like this one with a password removing program SNIP

hi we can offer help with passwords ,because we don't know if you really own the computer ,but if you goggled the subject you might find a site like this one with a password removing program http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

I understand about not knowing if I own the computer or not so thanks for your attempt to help. But it has no internet connection and therefore anything i find and have to use online is of no help at all. Thanks

I understand about not knowing if I own the computer or not so thanks for your attempt to help. But it has no internet connection and therefore anything i find and have to use online is of no help at all. Thanks

well you are on the internet now ,right ,so you can download the file to create the boot disk and use it on the other computer in question ,hey, i think im actually helping you to much .lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.