Hi all

Have a problem, loaded nero, ranperfect for a couple of days and then started picking up errors. Nero support suggested- Nero fix, if this didnt work uninstall/ reinstall.
Fix didnt work and when i try uninstall it runs through half the process and i get the following message. SHELL MANAGER DATABASE IS CORRUPT OR MISSING, tried reinstalling and same message at the same place.
How do i delete all the files in xp so that i can reinstall.

Please help this is driving me crazy

Thanx

Recommended Answers

All 25 Replies

You have come to the right place, I'm sure someone will have the solution.

Firstly, I would look at this

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread17942.html

It was someone else with a similar problem, and the fix sounds relevant to your error.

I've got to run, do a job, but I will look later, so if that is no help, let us know.

Have tried, these sugestions with no luck. It seems like half the files have been removed but what is left is some how playing havoc with the balance of the uninstall/ reinstall hence message as above.
Is there not perhaps an application that i can use to uninstall or remove a particular program. or any other suggestions.

Thanks for your help

Hi all

Have a problem, loaded nero, ranperfect for a couple of days and then started picking up errors. Nero support suggested- Nero fix, if this didnt work uninstall/ reinstall.
Fix didnt work and when i try uninstall it runs through half the process and i get the following message. SHELL MANAGER DATABASE IS CORRUPT OR MISSING, tried reinstalling and same message at the same place.

Thanx

Dont know whether this will help but i had the same problem. installed nero 7 and the was unable to get rid of it. i eventually after about 3 hours got rid of it by going through and doing a system restore at every point in the restore graph. it took a while but finally got rid of it and then i deleted all existing nero files on my system by doing a search for nero or ahead and deleting them. i dont know whether you have system restore still available but if you do just go through the process and restore to a previous point as many times as it lets you and hopefully for you it will work as it did for me. hope this is some help to you as it was the only way i got rid of it.....i wont install nero 7 on my system again...

Good luck

Hi all

Thanx

First u manually delete the folder Ahead in C:/Program Files

Go to Start-Run and type 'regedit' without quotes this will open registry editor. Press Ctrl+F this will open Find box, type nero in the find what box and click on Find next. It will start searching the registry for the entries related to nero, if it finds any entry related to nero delete it. Now press F3 to find the next entry, if it finds delete it. Keep pressing F3 and deleting the entries of nero until it say 'finished searching through the registry'

Now try this see if it works, Instead of installing Nero in its default path i.e. 'C:/Program Files/Ahead' install it in 'D:/Program Files/Ahead'

First u manually delete the folder Ahead in C:/Program Files

Go to Start-Run and type 'regedit' without quotes this will open registry editor. Press Ctrl+F this will open Find box, type nero in the find what box and click on Find next. It will start searching the registry for the entries related to nero, if it finds any entry related to nero delete it. Now press F3 to find the next entry, if it finds delete it. Keep pressing F3 and deleting the entries of nero until it say 'finished searching through the registry'

Now try this see if it works, Instead of installing Nero in its default path i.e. 'C:/Program Files/Ahead' install it in 'D:/Program Files/Ahead'

I have done all this. Now when I click on Nero 7 installer to uninstall the whole damn thing the original "Shell manager..." alert no longer pops up but since i downloaded only a trial version of Nero 7 I can no longer get to the install/uninstall point because my serial number has expired. Nero 7 has disappeared from Windows' Add/Remove Programs. I can neither use Nero 7 nor install the other Nero programmes i am trying to use instead.

Can someone please help: how can i get this damn Nero 7 off my machine for ever??

Thank you.

R

my name is yvon king
i have the same problem
shell manager database is corrupt or missing

Hi all, my name is Johnny and I found the soution to the shell manager database is corrupt or missing thing. With the help of someone else on the forum I was directed to a web site to download a GENERAL CLEAN TOOL that wipes out all NERO files so you can reinstall the program. http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/Nero7_CleanTool.html
This will solve the problem. Good luck!!!

HI johny tyied to download nero clean up to but wont what is going on my friend is it because of my falt with this shellmanager saying corrupt or missing its starting to do my head in now can you please help thanks

HI johny tyied to download nero clean up to but wont what is going on my friend is it because of my falt with this shellmanager saying corrupt or missing its starting to do my head in now can you please help thanks

Go To http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/Nero7_CleanTool.html and look for the download for the clean tool. Once you get that you can run the program and then REINSTALL nero. You cannot do this unless you wipe out any nero programs that may still be in your computer, ghost files. The clean tool does just that. OK Good Luck!!!!

hey man thanx for the solution it works and is great:p

Hello Johnny my main man, thanks for your reply and that link you kindly sent me, and I have been trying all the clean up tools, down loads, on that Nero cite I don't now if its something to do with this shellmanager but I cant download anything on that cite my friend and I mean anything if I meet up with this shellmanager in a past life look out lol no seriously am I doing anything wrong or is there another cite except Nero, sorry to be a pain, hope you can understand.

My mate has the same problem. So I tried to download the clean tool for him on 2 different PC's. Same problem...They wont't download.

I'm beginning to think NERO has lost the plot.

Jerbear

I managed to fix the problem, because of this shell manager, i couldn't download a clean up tool from Nero using my computer, so i got my friend to download the Nero cleaning tool on to a CD from his computer, then i run the CD on my computer, and run the clean up tool, now i have no shell manager giving me a stiff neck lol hope it works for you my fellow friends.

Hi all

Thanx

I am here to help you my friend, I had the same problem and it don my head in to, you almost cant do anything with Nero regarding going to there sites and downloading, the shellmaneger stops you, it doesn't tell you, but believe me it does, you will have to ask a friend who doesn't have this problem, go to the Nero site to download the Nero clean up tool, I will even give you the link my friend,
http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/Clean_Tools.html
now download Nero 7 clean tool, this is the latest.....copy to a CD.
Then run the Nero 7 clean up tool from your CD you have copied. this will erase everything to do with Nero, and I mean that god dam shellmaneger as well yippee, he says lol, once you have don this load your genuine Nero cd and enjoy my friend

Hi all

I Have one problem when i installing the nero 7, that is they show unable to access shell manager when i installed, actualy what is that shell manager? can any one help me to solve the problem please, i want again install nero 7 without this problem,please help me, thank you very much.

Hi all

I Have one problem when i installing the nero 7, that is they show unable to access shell manager when i installed, actualy what is that shell manager? can any one help me to solve the problem please, i want again install nero 7 without this problem,please help me, thank you very much.

If you don't have shell maneger thats fine believe me you don't want that giving you problems so think yourself lucky my friend.

I also had problems with the database missing, etc.

I was able to rectify the problem by removing NERO 7 using the General-Clean Tool.exe which may be found at http://nero.com/nero6/enu/Clean_Tools.html . It really works and I was able to re-install my former NERO 7, just remember to keep a copy of your s/n.

Happy labour day

Dave

well is me yanky,i am a new member ,i am try to install nero but my system cant complete the installation process is telling me shellmanager is corupt or missing.i have seen many people with same problem which as been solved pls kindly help

is very urgent,i am try to fix some multimedian problem for some people,but the nero is not working.pls help.is telling me the shell manager is corupt or missing,what can i do.

Hi

I too had the same problem and downloaded the CleanTool, it worked for me. The web address has changed to: Nero Clean Tools. here you can sellect the version number (major) before you download the file it has a small todo list. Hope this helps anyone!

hey man thanx for the solution it works and is great:p

Just new and not up on reply. If you get this I would like to have information on curring the download problem with Nero 9.
An error message, "Shell manager database is corrupt or missing" prohibits the download.
What is the solution?

hi im margote i have also a problem w/ regards to SHELL MANAGER is corrupt or missing.Can anyone help me...

Shell manager database is corrupt or missing

commented: Crap -2

please don't post in old thread anymore... if anyone need help for same problem or anything, please create new thread in specific forum and some volunteers will help you solve your problem...

Hi flagstar the above poster that post that retard post is most likely a spammer but do not have spam links. Ignore them and if you see such posts again that made you angry just down rep that. I do that all the time. Report them if you like too.

commented: i will... thanks +3
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.