For some reason while i'm playing an online game my computer will completely shutdown. I've added fans galore to everything to allow it to run cool thinking it was overheating, but to no avail. I've even switched out powersupplies but that does no good. The computer ran good for a few days w/new pwr supply, but now its shutting down again.

I've got a :

AMD 2800+ barton
400w pwr supply
Radeon 9800 pro 128mb
1024 ddr 2700
Asus A7N8X deluxe mb
WinXP Pro

Any help would be much appreciated for I've got a headache that wont go away. I've tried all that I know of to troubleshoot and I've read somewhere on here to an almost related problem that it could be the memory. I'll look into that. But if there is anymore suggestions, tips, please feel free to reply.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

For some reason while i'm playing an online game my computer will completely shutdown. I've added fans galore to everything to allow it to run cool thinking it was overheating, but to no avail... I've tried all that I know of to troubleshoot and I've read somewhere on here to an almost related problem that it could be the memory. I'll look into that. But if there is anymore suggestions, tips, please feel free to reply.

Try MemTest86, for starters.

your cpu might be overheating pull the panel of and touch the side of the heatsink it should be warm if it is hot then that is your problem

Try MemTest86, for starters.

first thing that came to mind was bad memory. good call TallCool

I just got a simple question, does this happen if you tried to play the game while not Online. I am sure it will still do the same, just wondering because your post stated while playing online.

By the way, Nice Specs - I love my Asus MB it rocks. I just need to upgrade my Processor.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.