I have a computer that is missing uvewawaz.dll. Does anyone know what this dll is and what it is for. I have a message that comes up and states that the "uvewawaz.dll" file can not be found. I removed the DirectX folder in the regedit. Before I removed anything I did a backup of the regedit and also created a restore point. All done on WindowsXP . After I was do doing what I needed to re-due I imported the saved regedit file and restored the regedit. It said that not everything could be imported and updated. I checked to see if the DirectX folder had been imported back into the regedit and it was where it was supposed to be. I then did a restore and had it complete successfully, but the message still comes up stating that the "uvewawaz.dll" file can not be found.

I do not seem to be able to find this file through any search engine that I have tried. I have tried Bellko, Google, and Bing.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hi, i would use CCleaners registry cleaner tool it may fix what looking for the file .
www.ccleaner.com

I've also tried searching this .dll file but wasn't able to find it. However, have you tried using System File Checker to see if that will replace your missing .dll file. System File Checker scans whole system .dll files to check if any are missing or changed. If found that any file that has an inconstancy will be replaced. You can do this by following the below mentioned steps
Click Start
Click Run
Type cmd
Click OK
Enter the command sfc /scannow (You will need to have your XP disk handy)

Very likely the message is the result of a malware process or startup item calling that dll.
==Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
from: http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html
or: http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe
=Dclick that file, mbam-setup.exe, to install the application,
-ensure that it is set to update and start, else start it via the icon, and UPDATE it.
Select "Perform QUICK Scan", then click Scan; the application will guide you through the remaining steps.
ENSURE that EVERYTHING found has a CHECKMARK against it, then click Remove Selected.
If malware has been found [and removed] MBAM will automatically produce a log for you when it completes... do not click the Save Logfile button.
Examine the log: if some files are listed as Delete on Reboot then restart your machine before continuing.
Copy and post that log [it is also saved under Logs tab in MBAM].

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.