Hi

I have two laptops one that I just got fixed... the other one was given to me to try to fix...

I unfortantly don't have a internet box for more then one computer so I unplug the internet the proper way. Well the laptop keeps saying ( Limited or no connectivity- You might not be able to acccess the internet or some network resourcs.This problem occurredbecause the network did not assign a network address to the computer (repair Local area connection- windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed Renewing your IP address for assistance, contact the person who manages your network)

I looked it up and did this TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

but it didn't work.. >.>' any hints

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Have you try to reinstall the network driver? Either that or the network adapter starting to fail.

Have you tried ipconfig /all in the cmd box? If so, what do you get?

First of all it seems as DHCP internet box. If you have unplug the cable it is normal what it says. The internet box is a router or a modem? if it is a modem you can only connect one PC at a time. If it is a router you can buy a small swith and connect the there the internet box and the 2 Laptop. Can I have an answer?

hi

If you are using a router have you checked the MAC address filtering option.Get to your router page.To get help please tell if you are using router and if you know how to access its configuration settings.

Anirudh

update the driver of your NIC card......

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.