I recently ran F10, system recovery, when I meant to run F8, start in safe mode (I know, I know, stupid). Now I'm wondering if there's a way to recover my data. Any takers?
Ed Reese

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I would try with GetDataBack
You might not get it all back, but with a little luck it can recover some of it.

And stop using the hdd/pc that you need to recover data from - best to use another pc, since windows will randomly use any space on the hdd for temp files (possibly over-writing some of your old files).

Expensive. It should be good. Free are Restoration.exe and Recuva. The first can run from a floppy disk or flashdrive which saves you installing and possibly overwriting some data. Download them to another machine [using a browser writes a lot of data to a hdd].

Performing a system restore will erase all of your personal files.But they are not gone for good and you can recover your files with data recovery software.Tenorshare Data Recovery is one of such kind of software that can recover data after deeply scanning your hard drive to look for lost data due to drives crash, system restore,system sabotage, virus attack etc.You can download it and scan your hard drive for free to preview whether your files can be recovered.It will show you the file name,type,date and size of your files and thumbnails for your pictures that it found on your drive.Here is a tutorial will help [snipped advertising/promotion]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.