hey experts

please suggest me that windows xp how to install with a usb or Flash Drive.

how to write windows xp sp2 .iso file on USB or Flash Drive.

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

You certainly don't put an .iso on a flash drive unless you wish to transfer it to another cd. ie to burn it. An iso is a disk image.. a faithful replica of the disk's content. If you wish to use the flashdrive to install XP from, then You need to make the flshdrive bootable,as well as comtain the Setup files. There are plenty of guides on that on the web, but I find this software the most versatile and easy to use. Much like falling off a log...
Search for WintoFlash; the 0.7 beta is current and good. Download it, and use with your cd to build a bootable flashdrive. While doing that you might also consider nLiting your Windows OS... search for nLite, use it to remove the stuff you won't be wanting, make Windows as light n fluffy as duck down.

:). I think we'll call that a search engine loopback by user.

somebody share with me another solution.

Please?
Whatever you try, you are going to require a Windows cd [either M$ retail or OEM as suits your license] or some other related source for the Windows Setup installation files; anything else we will not help you with.
The above method works fine, I have used it. You only need use the WintoFlash pgm with your file source.

i want boot with our USB like a boot any bootable CD

i want boot with our USB like a boot any bootable CD

you will find that option in the bios/setup if you computer has the option to boot to usb ,older computers didn't have option to boot to usb ,it just started a few yrs back .

On some computers you must have the USB flashdrive inserted before you start the computer otherwise that option will not be shown on the one-time boot menu. Eg like mine...
Anyway, press F8 after BIOS starts to run.

i have latest motherboard and BIOS have boot option with usb but i can't create windows xp boot in our flash drive.

yours post is valuable

if you have any automatic windows xp boot setup maker on usb please share with me.

nothing automatic ,but the directions are quite simple to follow,the best i can do sorry

Here's the link below. follow the guide how to install xp and win7 in usb ..
Hope it will help you..

click the regular download, after you download extract the files you will see the instruction how to
used usb as installer for your Operating System.. Tested and Proven....

best Of Luck...

http://hotfile.com/dl/51034904/d8a62c6/Win.BootUSB.rar.html

Hope it will help you..

click the regular download, after you download extract the files you will see the instruction how to

best Of Luck...

http://hotfile.com/dl/51034904/d8a62c6/Win.BootUSB.rar.html

no different than what i linked above ,poster is looking for a program that will do it automatically,no user involvement ,and i say there is no program like that as far as i now
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/solutionbase-boot-windows-xp-from-a-usb-flash-drive/5928902

Hope it will help you..

best Of Luck...

http://hotfile.com/dl/51034904/d8a62...otUSB.rar.html

Hope it will help you..

best Of Luck...

http://hotfile.com/dl/51034904/d8a62...otUSB.rar.html

hi, something you will learn as you help more ,is that if OP doesn't respond in 5 or 6 days they likely never will ,and just to say what was already said ,they are looking for a program to do all the work ,and the the links posted in this thread require user to do most of the work, good post ,keep helping, daniweb needs all th helpers it can get thanks

Listen there is no easy way to boot XP from USB. It wasn't designed for it. It resets the USB bus a lot and if the OS is paging it crashes. So Its almost impossible to make it work without major hacking. (Windows 7 maybe?)
What you probably need is WIN PXE boot from USB. Its not xp but its close enough.
Just google how to create a WIN PXE environment boot from USB. Then you can customize it to your liking. Not super hard but not point and click.

Cheater way might be to download GHOST enterprise demo and make a PXE boot USB then hack it out with other applications you want to run on it. Building it yourself is a worth while experience.

Good Luck!
Let me know if you need better direction.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.