I recently did a full system recovery of my WinXP Home. Thank God everything went well. However, whenever I boot(ed) up I kept getting this annoying splash CONTRAST screen window which caused me no end of fits since I couldn't get to see what was behind the window, and my mouse could not access any of the onscreen Contrast displays...(horizontal/vertical/bright etc). I was told by a friend to try the plus and/or minus on the keyboard then Exit (?) on the monitor...seemed it worked for a while then it would return endlessly. I don't know how I finally managed to get rid of it, but perhaps someone here might have a more detailed explanation for a fix if this ever happens to me or anyone else. Thanks to everyone on Daniweb for all your assistance.

what is the brand of your video card? is it built in or external? if it is built in try update the driver of your video card...

try to used another monitor....see what happens

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.