Please help. I've had this problem for the past week and have had no luck fixing it. I can't access secure websites using Internet Explorer, or even Mozilla - which I downloaded and tried.

I don't even know if I have IE on my computer anymore. I was told to try so many things & tried many things that I found on Google while searching this problem.

I have Windows XP. The explorer.exe file says it's a 6.? but some other files say they're 5.?? I can't seem to erase my IE and reload it - it says that other programs use it and the other message when I try dowloading the IE 6.0 service pack 2, is that I have a newer version. ??? I don't understand.

Please help. My livelihood depends on my computer, and I don't have money to pay to fix it. :-|

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

There are other threads at the bottom of this page with the same problem as you with all browsers. They might have the answer or something you haven't tried.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I looked at those posts and had already tried some of the things that pertained to my issue like this:

Re: My IE6 won't access https secure pages
Jun 6th 2005, 04:56 PM | Add to Toulinwoek's Reputation | Flag Bad Post | #7

There are several possible solutions to this problem. Switching to Firefox, while a good idea, doesn't solve the IE problem, it's just an alternative.
One thing you can try is going to Tools > Internet Options, click the "Advanced" Tab and click the button that says "Restore Defaults". Then, on the "Privacy" tab, set the slider to "Medium", and on the "Security" tab, under "Internet", set that slider to medium as well (in both cases, you might have to click the "Default" or "Default Settngs" button to access the sliders). Finally, on the general tab, click the "Clear History", "Delete Cookies" and the "Delete files" buttons (check the box that says "Delete all offline files" that appears when you click the "Delete Files" button). After this, click OK, then close and reopen IE. If this rather complicated process doesn't work, you might find a solution on Microsoft's Knowledge Base.

I just tried this suggestion too (below), but with no luck. I still can't connect to IE or Mozilla.

Hi all,

I tried everything else and then the solution was this:

Open a dos box (cmd on the Start/Run field) and enter these commands:

regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

Losing my mind over here... :(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.