Hi, I got a compaq desktop computer from Best Buy and when we got it and turned it on it will not show the icons, start menu, or anything, but you can hear the computer running. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank You in advance.
:(

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Hi, I got a compaq desktop computer from Best Buy and when we got it and turned it on it will not show the icons, start menu, or anything, but you can hear the computer running. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank You in advance.
:(

Didn't u check it while buying.

Whats the Operating System

Hi eltommyo, well, I am not sure this will help, but you might try it.

1. Boot up your computer

2. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open Task Manager

3. In Task manager click the New Task button on the General tab, or the File tab

4. In the New Task dialogue box type: “explorer.exe (without the quotes) then press OK

Also, try this Rightclick desktop select arrange icons by, show desktop icons.

Why should you try to fix the problem? You just got the computer from Best Buy, so you should return it to them. It's a warranty repair issue, and given that you're already having this problem, there could be other things wrong with the machine as well.

it doesnt do anything no matter what i press . plz help :(

it doesnt do anything no matter what i press . plz help :(

First start your own thread. Then list OS and events leading up to this problem and some one will be along to help you. Later---

eltommyo,

Pls try this:

search for "117. Restore Taskbar and Start Menu" and click it. Then follow the self explanatory instructions to install the patch.

Hope this helps you.

hi,you are replying to a postter who posted his problem 4 yrs ago and has never posted back ,you help is appreciated but please check post dates thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.