Hi,

can you help me please,I am using windows xp 2 and i am going to repair it...and i am so doubtful,i save my files in the Drive C:\ which the operating system is installed.my question is that does my files will be lost if i am performing the windows repair?please help me to enlighten my mind.

Thank you in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

A normal XP repair install does NOT destroy your data or programs, but if there were any hiccups durring the process, ie, bad hardware causing the system to crash before its done, then you will have a hard job getting the thing going again, so its always best to save anything important before you start, with Windows, you can never tell what may hit you next.

<<quote to spam deleted>>

Hi thank you for the reply okay i will try this.

Best Regards,

A normal XP repair install does NOT destroy your data or programs, but if there were any hiccups durring the process, ie, bad hardware causing the system to crash before its done, then you will have a hard job getting the thing going again, so its always best to save anything important before you start, with Windows, you can never tell what may hit you next.

Hi, Thank you for helping me....

okay i will i give a try on this.

Please read this first if you have never done it before.
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
Also, unless you already have the COA sticker showing the licence, use MagicalJellybean to retrieve the key first for XP and Office or you will have a hard time looking for them later.

Please read this first if you have never done it before.
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
Also, unless you already have the COA sticker showing the licence, use MagicalJellybean to retrieve the key first for XP and Office or you will have a hard time looking for them later.

Hi,what is COA sticker?...where i can get the MagicalJellybean?please help me.

Thank you in advance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.