I've done a system restore due to my p.c running very slow as of late.

I then wanted to get rid of some program and games that I didn't want. I've gone through the control panel etc. I get to the point where nothing will uninstall, each one is saying there is no uninstall files.

One said something about the system core, could anyone please help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

Atky

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

That usally means that they cant find the unistaller. Which means that the file has moved. In HJT there is an unistall manager, which gives you the option of removing dead items.

Its under the Misc. tools section.

-T

That usally means that they cant find the unistaller. Which means that the file has moved. In HJT there is an unistall manager, which gives you the option of removing dead items.

Its under the Misc. tools section.

-T

What is HJT ?

I am not sure how a Sys Rest would interact with pgms installed after a used restore point, because of the dating of files.
Try going to the pgm folders and dclicking the uninstaller exe.
Add/Rmv Pgms uninstalls by using the pgms own uninstaller files.

He probably deleted files on a previous occasion without realizing that its worth to mention.
And its only after the system restore that he tried to uninstall some programs due to performance issues only to realise than that it coulnt uninstall. Im sure if he tried uninstalling those programs on a earlier stage the results wouldve been the same.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.