I want to Know which Operating system you prefer windows XP or Windows 7

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

Well, i would suggest you to tell us what are youi going to do with it and your computer details.

xp is used by those who like it ,and win7 is used by those who like it .

I wouldnt agree with billykane. Xp is reliable but windows 7 is reliable too. Windows 7 is not vista and XP is NOT more reliable, i am sure. In fact, i used both and i never had any problems with windows 7.
Second, Xp is faster because it is old and was designed for old computers. Try to disable all visual effects of windows 7 and it will be fast.
And third, Windows 7 is new and new programs and DRIVERS are designed for it so...
And still, please, tell us your computer specs and tells us, what are you going to use it for.

im using win7 ultimate on a duel core 1.8 \ghz Delloptiples 745 with 3 gig ram /320gig hdd ,and it use to have winxp pro on it ,and win7 is just as fast and reliable as xp ever was .

My computer specs are

Intel centrino core 2 duo 2.5

3 GB of ram

300 gb of hard

256 mb nvidia g fore

processor l2 6mb but i am using Xp now

should i go for windows 7 I am a professional .net expert
what do u say

pretty much. As i said xp is NOT better than 7. If you have more than 1GB, you SHOULD install 7. Xp wont be fatser, it is NOT more reliable. One thing also, microsoft visual studios 2010 is NOT for xp, so you must have vista sp2(as i remember, which sucks) and windows 7...

Well, in my opinion Win Xp is much better than Win 7, because it faster and more reliable than Win 7.

i know you a signature spammer ,but why cant you at least say something use full ,xp is not and i repeat NOT faster than win7.....period

Well, in my opinion Win Xp is much better than Win 7, because it faster and more reliable than Win 7.

Mate, if you had any problems with windows 7, GO on and tell. If no, stop telling bullshit.

I would recommend Win7, boots faster and if you are a gamer, many new games require win 7 to run, as there is some directx incompatibility with XP these days it seems, well I've read for NFS The Run there is an issue about this, and another game which I forgot the name :P

Window 7 is latest, so it is more better.

is it more better or is xp is just less good

Latest mean nothing. Once, vista was latest too...

Just took a little time surfing to the microsoft-website, then went to the Windows XP-page.
What does it say?
In my country, and probably in yours as well, it says: "This is the moment for a Windows 7 PC"
And just below: "You considered upgrading?"
It may be true that Win XP was a huge thing at the time it came out, and was very reliable (more than Vista I could agree that), but you have to let it go, and choose for a new and fresh look, and improved functionality and reliability (yes Windows 7 is a stable OS as well!).
The 8086-processors may have been state-of-the-art at the time they were invented, does that mean we all have to keep using them? :)

Just took a little time surfing to the microsoft-website, then went to the Windows XP-page.
What does it say?
In my country, and probably in yours as well, it says: "This is the moment for a Windows 7 PC"
And just below: "You considered upgrading?"
It may be true that Win XP was a huge thing at the time it came out, and was very reliable (more than Vista I could agree that), but you have to let it go, and choose for a new and fresh look, and improved functionality and reliability (yes Windows 7 is a stable OS as well!).
The 8086-processors may have been state-of-the-art at the time they were invented, does that mean we all have to keep using them? :)

i defently agree with everything you say , i use win7 ultimate [been using it since before the final release,got a free copy from Microsoft ,got picked to have a win7 coming out party ]with winxp mode and only time i find a need to startup winxp is to refresh my memory on how to get to certain function to help someone on Daniweb having a issue with winxp

I like windows 7 better now. I mostly use windows 7 these days but many clients still have XP. I have 2 desktops (4 monitors) on my desk, 1 xp and 1 windows 7... windows 7 is MUCH better IMO. However, if you have a older computer and try to load windows 7 you'll hate it. You do need a strong CPU and lots of memory to get a good experience.

I like windows 7 better now. I mostly use windows 7 these days but many clients still have XP. I have 2 desktops (4 monitors) on my desk, 1 xp and 1 windows 7... windows 7 is MUCH better IMO. However, if you have a older computer and try to load windows 7 you'll hate it. You do need a strong CPU and lots of memory to get a good experience.

He has core 2 due, which is more than enough for windows 7. In fact i can run on pentium 4 smoothly

agreed. core 2 duo will run just fine with windows 7

I would recommend Win7, boots faster and if you are a gamer, many new games require win 7 to run, as there is some directx incompatibility with XP these days it seems, well I've read for NFS The Run there is an issue about this, and another game which I forgot the name :P

Also don't forget that official Windows XP-support from Microsoft will (soon) come to an end. If you're in a big IT-company, and you configure all your workstations with XP, it is possible that within a year you will have to upgrade to Win7 anyway..

Also don't forget that official Windows XP-support from Microsoft will (soon) come to an end. .

not till 08/04/2014 for xp sp3 actually, a short time in computer years i know, but sill a while away !

if you are a developer then Xp will provide you with all the necessities like drivers etc. I am currently using Win 7 but i also have to run a Xp in a virtual box, because 7 is relatively new there a very few drivers available for it. Although if you just want to use a PC for a non-official purpose then go for 7, its actually fun. Remember "Old is Gold, New is Bold."

not till 08/04/2014 for xp sp3 actually, a short time in computer years i know, but sill a while away !

Oh well, I thought they were ending support earlier, my bad :)
Stil, I'd stay if you're formatting your machine, better install Win 7 on it, a lot more community-driven support (forums etc.) + it's newer, so it has to be better, no? (Win Vista doesn't count) :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.