Hi, I've just discovered torrents. After many hours of trying, I was finally successful in downloading a movie and my ultimate goal is to save it on a dvd. I've downloaded cd burning s/w but when I try to burn it, I get a message that there is no disc in the drive. (Someone told me that I need a special disc called minus R? or maybe it was minus W)

Anyway, I guess my real question is, how legal is all of this movie torrent stuff? Maybe I shouldn't even be trying to download (upload?) movies. (I'm afraid I'm a bit naive about some things.) I've come across some web sites that insist everything's on the up and up, but maybe they protest too much?

Finally, I'd just like to add that my motivation to learn this isn't just because I'm too cheap to buy the dvd. I just love learning about the internet and all it has to offer.

Anyway, I guess my real question is, how legal is all of this movie torrent stuff? Maybe I shouldn't even be trying to download (upload?) movies.

It is not legal and in violation of our forum rules to discuss/aid/abet copyright infringement and piracy. Sorry :)

I would suggest staying away from torrents for the simple reason that it is one of the easiest and most effective ways to get your computer infected with malware. Think about how torrents work and to what you are exposing your computer.....

PP:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.