My laptop screen keeps going black. I tried restarting it and taking the battery out. Then I tried to unhook the screen from the computer itself and connecting it to another monitor but when i did that it would start with the windows loading screen then cut to black. Can anyone help?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

When does the screen go black? after a period of inactivity or while you are working..or when you move the screen?

Does the screen come back when you swivel the screen back and forth...if so, its probably the cable inside the laptop that went bad.

Or the CCF (cold cathode fluorescent) lamps in there are going bad (they do fail, but rarely) or the lamp power supply is overheating. If you are competent with such electronics a replacement is straitforward enough; if not competent then it's a job for a tech.
The CCF lamps provide the illumination, the LCD elements are what they shine through. If the CCF lamps fail then you should just be able to perceive a a very dark or faint image on the screen.

my laptop screen keeps goimg blank after a short peiod of time.

I have a MSI ex630x laptop and had the same problem with the black screen (screen went randomly black).I just uninstalled new drivers for GPU (Nvidia Geforce 9100M G) and installed the old drivers that I got with my laptop.Problem is solved.No more black screen.

I have a MSI ex630x laptop and had the same problem with the black screen (screen went randomly black).I just uninstalled new drivers for GPU (Nvidia Geforce 9100M G) and installed the old drivers that I got with my laptop.Problem is solved.No more black screen.

2 year old question bud...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.