Hello everybody, i'm portuguese but I hope you can understand my english...
Here's my problem, a few months ago, i used a Onboard audio driver, C-Media audio driver, but i had a lot of problems with that one so i bought another, it's a Creative SoundBlaster Live! 5.1. I uninstalled the other driver (c-media) and before WIndows XP booted I went to the Setup and disabled the C-media. WIndows started and I installed the new driver... It worked fine. But the driver wasn't properly "stuck" in the computer and when I was putting a MIcrophone wire in the driver, the driver deslocated. Big deal (i thought) but i tried to put it again and didn't worked, I uninstalled and re-installed the driver and it didn't work again, I even re-installed windows XP but the Computer doesn't detect the audio driver... Can anyone help me with this...please?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hello everybody, i'm portuguese but I hope you can understand my english...
Here's my problem, a few months ago, i used a Onboard audio driver, C-Media audio driver, but i had a lot of problems with that one so i bought another, it's a Creative SoundBlaster Live! 5.1. I uninstalled the other driver (c-media) and before WIndows XP booted I went to the Setup and disabled the C-media. WIndows started and I installed the new driver... It worked fine. But the driver wasn't properly "stuck" in the computer and when I was putting a MIcrophone wire in the driver, the driver deslocated. Big deal (i thought) but i tried to put it again and didn't worked, I uninstalled and re-installed the driver and it didn't work again, I even re-installed windows XP but the Computer doesn't detect the audio driver... Can anyone help me with this...please?

try removing the soundblaster card and reinstalling it ,make sure you replace the hold down screw for the card ,reboot windows it should detect it

Sorry I didn't mentioned that I had already tried that:S

when I was putting a MIcrophone wire in the driver, the driver deslocated.

does this mean ,when you plugged the mic into the sound card at the back of the computer the card disloacated from the motherboard PCI slot while the computer was running ,if so you may have damaged the sound card .

damn... Ok. thank you all folks...

???????????

have you tried the card in a different pci slot, it could just be the slot thats damaged, has your motherboard got on-board sound by the way, as you could always look on the manufacturers website, such as gigabyte - as they often have the drives for the devices installed online.

darren

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.