Hi,
I've been playing around with my registry lately and inevitably i did something wrong! The advanced tab has gone missing when i right click audio (MP3 wma) files and click properties - i need this as i use it to edit ID3 tags, alhtough i know i can do this in WMP and iTunes. Any idea how I can fix this?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Hi there

Playing with the registry ..... hmmmm Fortune favours the brave :-)

Ok Insert you XP disk into the CD drive

Cancel if it Autostarts

Click Start
Click Run
type sfc /scannow

i repeat sfc space /scannow so many forget the space
and let XP check that the system files are in tact.

if it finds an error it will look to the cd disk

I hope this helps

Darren
South Africa

Thanks Darren, I'll give this a go and let you know what happens!
By the way, do you know how to stop programs inserting right click menu items - i've deleted from context menu in registry (and probably other stuff causing my above problem!!) but it comes back if i restart the program.

If the program has an option to disable the entry, go ahead and use that. If you delete it, the program thinks that it's corrupt and repairs the 'missing' entries.

Hi, I checked the program and it does have an option to prevent context menu items!!
As for sfc/scannow, i tried it but no success i'm afraid. Any other suggestions?

> As for sfc/scannow
What about the space? :)

I wasn't sure what you meant by that actually!:confused:
is this the exact command "sfc space/scannow" ?
PS will it make a big difference?

> As for sfc/scannow
What about the space? :)

It is sfc /scannow and not sfc/scannow

Thank you - I'll give it a go asap.

Most important when messing with the registry ,before deleting anything go to file in regedit and create a backup first.

Most important when messing with the registry ,before deleting anything go to file in regedit and create a backup first.

I know that now lol!!!
Btw, sfc /scannow didnt work. May have to resort to a clean install.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.