I keep getting the error message below when I try to send an email and the message stays in the outbox.

Task 'Berta Hotmail - Sending' reported error (0x80004005) : 'The operation failed.'

I NEED HELP DESPERATELY!! i TRIED UNINSTALLING and reinstalling both Outlook and the whole Microsoft Office:sad:

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Are you using a proxy server to connect?

Are you using a proxy server to connect?

we have several computers connecting through netgear

Hmm, and on those computers does outlook work ok.

Cos I was thinking perhaps you may just have to set up your exchange server to the correct address. I.e look at the settings on the other computers (if outlook works ok on them)

Hmm, and on those computers does outlook work ok.

Cos I was thinking perhaps you may just have to set up your exchange server to the correct address. I.e look at the settings on the other computers (if outlook works ok on them)

I am the only one who uses Outlook

hmm,

Can you recieve emails.

And I know this may sound trivial, but have you tried sending an email to a different email address. Say one to yahoo instead of hotmail.

hmm,

Can you recieve emails.

And I know this may sound trivial, but have you tried sending an email to a different email address. Say one to yahoo instead of hotmail.

I have 6 different email accounts in outlook. Only one is hotmail, and the problem ocurrs not only with hotmail which is the default account, but with the others as well regardless which address the recipient has.

I can receive well in all the accounts. I just cannot send.

Actually just found this!

http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,5721-2452387,00.html

Thanks so much! However i went to that website, did what they recommended to no avail. The problem continues. When I go to the help menu in Outlook, I get this message

"Microsoft Visual Basic

compile error in hidden module: Autoexec"

and hitting help gives me this which i cannot understand.

"A protected module can't be displayed. This error has the following cause and solution:
There is a compilation error in the code of the specified module, but it can't be displayed because the project is protected.
Unprotect the project, and then run the code again to view the error.

For additional information, select the item in question and press F1(in Windows) or HELP (on the Macintosh).

Hi

.exe files and outgoing mail servers are not the best of friends. before sending this file try converting it to a zip file using winzip and then send

Hope this helps

Darren
South Africa

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.