Whenever I attempt startup, I receive this message:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)
Start Windows Normally

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.

Seconds until Windows starts: 30

~~~
However my results from selecting any of the options results in freezing, where the countdown stops at its current value, and keyboard becomes non-responsive. If I allow the countdown to reach 0, it will freeze then instead.

Last time it was working correctly, when it was shut down, it did so remarkably 'quickly'.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Preferably not resorting to formatting HD... I don't exactly have backups.
Thanks.

Never mind, problem resolved through unknown means.

HELP!!! I have this exact problem!!! Any ideas??? Please!!!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.