Currently running Server 2003 and would like to delete 2000 tried bootcfg/delete/ID# through CMD prompt but no luck "2000" shows up as the second OS on my boot.ini file. But most of all its taking up much needed space on my hard drive. Thanks in advance for the input

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Have you tried Partition Magic or Acronis Partition Manager? You should be able to get a free trial download, not recomended for dialup users, it's a large fiel.

If the w2000 is on first disc (C), then you won't be able to delete it, because of bootloader.
If the w2003 is on first disc (C), remove it from boot.ini and delete the partition. (I would make a copy of hdd(particion) just in case.)

Currently running Server 2003 and would like to delete 2000 tried bootcfg/delete/ID# through CMD prompt but no luck "2000" shows up as the second OS on my boot.ini file. But most of all its taking up much needed space on my hard drive. Thanks in advance for the input

Tried to find a free copy of partion magic but no luck, i know there is way to go in through CMD prompt with bootcfg/delete/ i'm just not sure of the syntax.

Have you tried Partition Magic or Acronis Partition Manager? You should be able to get a free trial download, not recomended for dialup users, it's a large fiel.

they won't help, coz he has server based windows and this programs won't simply run.

try to delete win 2000 manually, delete from the disk folder with 2k windows and correct boot.ini file.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.