Um... just wondering if any of you could help me out with this

I have three user accounts on this computer. I have never put any passwords on it.

Recently, whenever I try to "switch user" (Fast User Switching and the Welcome screen are on), I click on another user account and it'll ask me for a password. But I don't have any passwords.

Sometimes it'll let me by just by clicking the green arrow, and sometimes it won't.

What do I do to just make it GO AWAY? It's annoying the crap out of me, and sometimes it locks me out of the computer accidentally.

I have the newest version of McAfee installed, if that's a clue to anything... apparently this happened when the new revamped version updated. I don't really know if it's McAfee or not though, trying to put "extra security" on the computer.

Thanks in advance,

Drake

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

have you gone to users, in control panel and access each use to remove password if one exists

I have.

In fact, I've gone to the Security settings too and checked the password length. It's 0 (no password).

Like I said, I've never put any passwords for logon on this computer. Ever.

Drake,

I have encountered the exact same problem recently. Not sure when it started, but my guess is two or three weeks ago. I did not install McAfee, so I'm guessing that is not your problem.

For me, I have 2 user accounts for me and my wife. When I select "switch user" to log into the other account to check email or something very quick, i get to the welcome screen where it prompts me for a password which I don't have set up. I usually have to resort to rebooting the computer since I can't log into any of the accounts.

One other thing to note... I went into control panel and set up a password for my user account. After doing so, tried switching users,
and it prompted me for the password. Trying this, the password that I had configured also didn't work. I still had to reboot the machine.
So i went back and deleted the password and have the same problem as before.

-L.Orbit

I have.

In fact, I've gone to the Security settings too and checked the password length. It's 0 (no password).

Like I said, I've never put any passwords for logon on this computer. Ever.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.