hi

can anyone help me install a microtek phantom 336 cx scanner onto my windows xp machine?

I don't have the driver disc but have downloaded the driver and the scan wizard says it's not recognising the scanner.

I think the problem may be that I have the scanner connected from a parallel port (out) to a usb (in). I've installed the usb lead from a disc but there was loads of different folders that came with it that i didn't understand and i don't know how to check whether or not it's installed properly as i don't have any other equipment that i coluld link up via that connection.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance

Hetixo

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You can't do that. USB is serial, not parallel.

You have to use a parallel port on the computer, or you need to add a parallel port card, or a parallel/serial converter box.

I didn't see any parallel port connections for that scanner, it should just be a USB connection.

Have you contacted the manufacturer to see if they would send you the driver disc, you really should have the disc as there is a lot of information on it.

You can't do that. USB is serial, not parallel.

You have to use a parallel port on the computer, or you need to add a parallel port card, or a parallel/serial converter box.

hi, thanks

so i've been sold this USB to 25 Pin DB25 Parallel Printer Cable adapter that isn't going to work on its own...?

hetixo

I didn't see any parallel port connections for that scanner, it should just be a USB connection.

Have you contacted the manufacturer to see if they would send you the driver disc, you really should have the disc as there is a lot of information on it.

Hi

I haven't tried to contact the manufacturer, no, as i downloaded the driver from the internet but I will try to do that if that's what is required, thank you.

The other point is, that there is no usb port from the scanner, just parallell, hence me getting this adapter lead.

thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.