I am running windows Xp Professional and I have a dell dimensions PC

(sorry I do not know much about computers)

Hi, out of nowhere today I turned on my computer and the xp load screen comes on and then immedietely it goes to a message that states

stop: c000021a {fatal system errors}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x80000004 (0x0000000000 0x0000000000).
The system has been shut down.

it will not allow me to run safe mode or anythign else because the same message comes up.

I put in the Widnows Xp Professonal edition reinstalation disk but yet again the same Blue error message cmes up and I am unable to use my computer if anyone has an idea how to help me it would be greatly appreciated :?: :?: :?:

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Same error here![thread=321]Click me [/thread]

thank you so much but in that the guy says that he fixed the problem by he says

I tried loading the "Last Known Good Configuration" and that didn't work.
I tried the recovery console and couldn't find a command that would do the trick.
I was about to format when I was given the option to "Repair a Windows Installation". I did that and it works now.

can anyone explain to me how to get that option to repair a windows instalation

thank you. I have the windows XP reinstalation cd but when I boot up my computer it will not go to the instalation prompt. Can anyone tell me how to bring my computer th the instalation promp given the fact that I cannot go to my desktop in any way shape or form without getting a blue STOP error message

What Brand of computer is it .

windows XP reinstalation cd

,are you saying it a recovery CD for you brand name computer .and not a orginal Microsoft xp cd

When you boot computer you hit the DEL or F1 mabe depends on computer brand , key to enter the bios to change the boot sequence to first boot cdrom .
i

I try that but it doesnt seem to recognize the cdrom drive

don't know what to tell you ,keep playing with it ,open case and make sure the cables are plugged into cdrom right and tight .

And make sure your BIOS is set to boot from the CD-ROM before the hard drive.

On most recent Dell Dimension PCs:

Hit <F12> at boot-- it will display a list of devices to boot from. It's loads easier than having to change stuff in the BIOS. Also, be sure to put the CD into the top CD-ROM drive in your system-- that's usually the one Dell sets as Secondary Master.

Thanks for that info Alex- glad we've got a certified Dell lunatic on board... :mrgreen:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.