Hi there! Basically I had bittorent, emule, a virus check going and I was browsing the internet and all was well! Then i opened an additional tab in my browser and the desktop disappeared along with the task bar! I rebooted and the only thing to pop up was msn! Hence im writing this on my 'broken' computer because everything seems to work there is just no taskbar or desktop icons [desktop image still can be seen] and no right click functions on the desktop! I was wondering if anyone had an idea or a suggestion! I tried some fixs such as gettin shellfix.reg and downloading desktop fix which was in another thread! Also pretty sure no a virus, and the computer works fine so not a hardware issue!

Any suggestions out there cause im at a lose!

Thanks,
Nick

I think its solved but doing an online virus check just to be sure!

If explore.exe doesnt work [for me it flickered] go to regedit.exe and follow the pathway

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
\StuckRects

delete StuckRects then reboot and hopefully problem solved

I think its solved but doing an online virus check just to be sure!

If explore.exe doesnt work [for me it flickered] go to regedit.exe and follow the pathway

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
\StuckRects

delete StuckRects then reboot and hopefully problem solved

Ok everyone this didnt work! I did a combination of things to sort this as i have seen this problem has plagued a lot of people! Oh this SHOULD work then after make a restore point, just like i have!

Press control alt delete select run and enter explorer.exe! The tricky party is double clicking internet explorer to open it. Once this is done google RegistryFix and get the latest version, and get a crack along with it. Let it does its job and it will fix all ur registry problems! Also just to make it safe do a virus check immediately after and i used Advanced WindowsCare V2 Pro to fix any additional bugs then restart! hey presto it should work!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.