Hi all , please help me .....
i tried to open my windows xp but it was just cannot get through the windows . i turned on the pc , appear the log-on screen but once i click anyone of the icon(user account) it just loading ..... and then appearing back the log-on screen with user account ........
Before of that , i got update the some application in windows system , i install the supplemental language support but i terminating in half way . then i shut down the pc , 2nd day morning , i turned on the pc and it happened !
Is it windows fany files corrupted ? how do i re-install the windows ? even the safe mode also unable to logging to windows get stuck on the log on screen ..
Appreciate anyones can help me ... thank you very much ....

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

By the way , any idea to run 'system retore ' without loging to windows ?
Thanks

hi, if you have the xp cd, you can try to reinstall, go to cmos set up and configure it to boot to the cd drive where your xp cd is inserted during the installation process it will prompt you either to install a new copy of windows or repair windows, by the way have you tried to boot to last known good configuration? as far as i know you can't do system restore without logging to windows..

Hi , thanks , i've tried to boot to last known good configuration , and still stuck at the login screen . unable to login to any user account ,
by the way , how to go cmos and set up and configure to boot the cd drive . any steps ??...
new copy windows or repair windows will lost my documents ?? or it just recover the windows system files only ??
thanks again

hi, to go to cmos setup , it depends on what BIOS your using you can check on it when your computer boots, if your using Award BIOS then just press Del, or you try pressing F1, when you get into cmos setup, look for Boot Configuration then just configure it to the desired settings, or if you choose repair during xp installation it will not lost your data only the system files, but if you choose new copy of windows all data lost...

thanks cguan_77 and caperjack ..
problem solved

Boot the system into the Recovery Console and CHKDSK
1. Insert the Windows XP cd into the top cd drive
2. Turn the computer off
3. Setup the computer to boot from cd: either by pressing F2, F9 or Delete to go in BIOS or by pressing F12 on Dell computers to launch the Boot Device Menu
4. As soon as you get the message Press any key to boot from the cd hit enter.
5. Wait ~3 minutes for the Windows Setup to initialize
6. At the Welcome to Setup screen press R to repair windows using recovery console.
7. Wait a couple of minutes while setup examines the hard drive.
8. You will be prompted to choose a Windows installation. Press 1 on the top of the keyboard and then
9. You will be prompted to enter the Administrator password. Press Enter if no password was set.
10. Perform a disk check:

chkdsk /p
fixboot

11. Type exit to restart the computer.
12. As soon as the computer starts hit F8 every second to bring up the Advanced Options Menu.
13. Choose the Last Known Good Configuration.

hi , thanks cguan_77 and caperjack , problem fixed ...

i repair windows using recovery console,
Perform a disk check:

chkdsk /p
fixboot

Type exit to restart the computer. As soon as the computer starts hit F8 every second to bring up the Advanced Options Menu.
Choose the Last Known Good Configuration.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.