None of my USB ports are being read. Device maneger says all USb hubs are working properly. I can print or upload my music into my mp3.
Can anyone help

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Please can you privide us with some more information such as:

• What OS do you run and which service pack is it?
  • Make + Model of PC
  • USB version (1.1 or 2.0?)
  • Do you know what brand and model of motherboard you have? (may need to reinstall chipset drivers)

If you need help finding this information for us, we can assist you.

how can i find this info out

You need to be logged into an administrator-level account to do this (if you can install things etc.. that that means you are)

Go into control panel and choose "System" (i think holding down the windows/start menu key and pushing pause/break works too)

It should look like the picture i have attatched. Do not ever show anyone the windows serial number (the bit i have blanked out on mine)

The bits i am interested in are which version of windows and which service pack

ok its an XP version 2002
and a service pack 2

thats good (i was checking as XP SP1 and vista have USB problems sometimes)

When did the problem start?

If your PC has other USB ports on the back try them (sometimes the front usb ports can break from being used too many times)

It started a good 3 months ago with the printer not working Once i got a mp3 player and wasn't able to load things i figured out it wus the USB ports

I tried the back ones also but they're not reading either

I think you may need to reinstall your motherboard/chipset drivers. Consult your PC manufacturers website for these

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.