You guys were so kind in helping me resolve my database connection problem, my web page is up and running with connections to the database working just great. Thank you all.

Now I am just having a problem getting the Search to work. My web search requests return the following: "No documents matched the query", however, if I go to the Index Service MMC, and use that query, all my documents are returned.

I am running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise with IIS 6.0 on a 64 bit processor. I migrated this web site from the same OS but a 32 bit server. I enabled 32bit apps to be able to run with the IIS. I am not an experienced web master.

I am using query.idq and it looks like this:

[query]
CiCatalog=E:\ACEINDEX
CiScope=%Scope% (also tried with /)
CiColumns=filename,size,rank,characterization,vpath,write
CiTemplate=/cgi-bin/search/query.htx
CiRestriction-(%SearchString%) &! #vpath "\"
CiFlags=DEEP
CiMaxRecordsInResultset=777
CiSort=write[d]
CiLocal=En-US

my variables %Scope% and %SearchString% are being passed from this code in my homepage index.asp :

<form name="QForm" action="/cgi-bin/search/query.idq" METHOD=POST">
<input type="text" name="SearchString" size="30" maxlength="100" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="Scope" Value="/"> (also tried commenting out)
<input type="submit" value="Search">
</form>

I have verified that all the web server extensions for Front Page are installed and "allowed", although I did not use Front Page to develope anything, the previous web master used it. I know the catalogs are created as I can search them from the MMC.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate the help.

I don't know what I did, but my search is working today.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.